Friday 1 February 2008

Back into it - well sort of

I went for a 30 minute walk this morning - WALK - yes. I have had a bad varicose vein on my leg and promised myself if I lost weight I would get it treated. So yesterday I went to Hamilton and had Unilateral Endovenous laser treatment. Quite an amazing experience - and no major problems - I could drive home straight after, and should be back running in a couple of days!
The vein was a real bulgy one, and was really noticable with my cycling toned legs.
I was able to claim the operation on medical insurance - a real bonus!
The same clinic also does tummy tucks etc - but that comes with a MAJOR price tag! I am going to lose some more weight and see what happens. The fact that I have lost weight slowly, and maintained my current weight for a while may help with the surplus skin issue.

No comments: