Wednesday 6 February 2008

Slowly but surely!

Went for a really slow jog around the farm last night. Brian suggested I check to see how much grass we had! Wow it is really short and brown. The cows still looked OK though.
Anyway back to the jog. My leg is still quite tender, and it's weird running with a compression stocking on one leg! I managed over an hour of steady jogging, so was pretty happy.
For the marathon I should be running for 2 hours at the moment (long run), and am hoping to do that on Saturday. If I manage it I'll definitely enter Rotorua.
Portion control is under good management, I'm back to keeping a food diary. I haven't weighed myself as my leg is still quite swollen.
Interestingly, I decided to wear my heart rate monitor last night, haven't for ages. My heart rate stayed around 135 to 140 for most of the run, which seems quite high for a slow jog, but have put it down to being sick in the weekend (my temperature was 38.7!).
I might wear it for a few more runs to see how I go. I'd love to get one of those GPS ones - but don't think I can justify it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have to run around the farm, where do you swim???? In the duck pond??

Juls said...

We actually have a s**t pond. It perfect as a lap pool - about 30 m long - it's a great way for learning not to 'breath' in water, ie keep mouth shut!
I usually run around the roads, just wanted to keep to a softer track, so have been going around the farm races.
Swimming pool has been avoided lately, but in summer is in Ngatea and winter Thames.